POWEREDGE T440 TOWER SERVER
POWEREDGE T440 TOWER SERVER
Adapt to changing workloads with the versatile PowerEdge T440, an ideal entry-level server for small-to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO) sites.
Adapt and scale to dynamic business needs with greater flexibility
Designed to grow with you, the PowerEdge T440 server is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your performance and capacity. Outstanding efficiency helps you keep operating expenses in check as your requirements evolve.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and all-new memory architecture.
- Automatically optimize application performance with one-button tuning.
- Grow data over time with up to 8 x 3.5″ or 16 x 2.5″ drives.
- Boost I/O performance with 5 x PCIe Gen3 I/O slots.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
Dell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%1 with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your customers and your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
|Processor||Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 16 cores per processor|
|Memory||16 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMMs/LRDIMMs, speeds up to 2666MT/s, 1TB* max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
|Storage controllers||Internal controllers: PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem: HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240 GB
External PERC (RAID): H840
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12 Gbps SAS HBA
|Drive bays||Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 128TB or
Up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 61TB
|Power supplies||495W, 750W, 1100W hot-plug; Gold efficiency
450W Cabled AC PSU
|Up to 2 fans|
|Sizing||Form factor: Tower or rack, 5U||Chassis max depth: 594.82 mm|
|Bezel||Optional security bezel|
|Embedded / At-Server||iDRAC9
|Consoles & Mobile||OpenManage Enterprise||OpenManage Power Manager
|Integrations||OpenManage integrations: Microsoft® System Center, VMware® vCenter™, BMC Software|
|Connections||OpenManage connections: Nagios & Nagios XI, HP Operations Manager i (OMi)|
|Tools||Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC Update Package
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
|iDRAC Service Module
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
|Security||TPM 1.2/2.0 optional
Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
System Lockdown (requires iDRAC Enterprise or Datacenter)
|I/O & Ports||2 x 1GbE LOM
1 dedicated iDRAC port
9 x USB (5 x USB 2.0, 4 x USB 3.0), including one internal USB port
|1 VGA video port and 1 serial port
Up to 5 PCIe Gen3 slots
|GPU||1X NVIDIA NVS 310
1X NVIDIA Quadro P4000
|See Dell.com/GPU for latest information.|
|Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft Windows Server® LTSC with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
|SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
For specifications and interoperability details, see Dell.com/OSsupport
|From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you. For more information, visit Dell.com/OEM.|
|Choose Dell EMC ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell EMC ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell EMC representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell EMC Services vary by region. For more information, visit dell.com/itlifecycleservices.|
|Dell EMC Financial Services||Deliver results with easy financing. Explore financial options that move at the speed of business. For more information, visit https://www.emc.com/products/how-to-buy/global-financial-services/index.htm|