POWEREDGE T340 TOWER SERVER
POWEREDGE T340 TOWER SERVER
The Dell EMC PowerEdge T340 enables you to grow through collaboration. Grow without limits1 with this reliable and easy to manage server.
The T340 enables you to address common business workloads in your office and across remote offices.
Ideal for business applications like:
- File sharing
- Mail and messaging
The Dell EMC PowerEdge T340 operates reliably so you don’t have to slow down when connecting and managing your growing business.
- Operate reliably with up to 8 hot-plug HDD’s or SSD’s and redundant power supplies.
- Save time and IT effort resolving server hardware issues with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist2
- Help prevent downtime and protect your data from malicious changes with iDRAC9 Enterprise Server Lockdown mode.
- Save your data automatically with reliable software RAID.
The Dell EMC PowerEdge T340 is easy to set up and manage so you can focus on managing your growing business.
- Get set up as much as 66% faster with our ProDeploy suite of services3
- Easily manage multiple remote servers via the intuitive general user interface with iDRAC9 Group Manager or upgrade to OpenManage Enterprise.
- Conveniently receive data alert notifications and access hardware remotely anywhere with OpenManage Mobile.
- Accelerate resolution. Resolve issues with up to 72% less IT effort using automated proactive and predictive technology from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.4
Grow without limits
The Dell EMC PowerEdge T340 enables you to scale dynamically so you can continue to grow your business through collaboration.1
- Drive your business forward with improved performance due to 100% more cores with Intel® Xeon® E-2200 processors, 11% increase in memory speed, and 20% more PCIe lanes.5
- Scale with 17% more storage capacity.6
- Take advantage of flexible tower placement options with quiet acoustics and thermal efficiency.
|Processor||1 processor from the following: Intel® Xeon® E-2200 product family, Intel Pentium®, Intel Core i3®, Intel Celeron®|
|Memory||4x DDR4 DIMM slots, supports UDIMMs, speeds up to 2666MT/s, 64GB max. supports registered ECC.|
|Storage controllers||Internal controllers: PERC H730P, H330, HBA330 (non-RAID)
Software RAID: PERC S140
External HBAs: 12Gbps SAS HBA (non-RAID) Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS): 2x M.2 240GB (RAID 1 or No RAID), 1x M.2 240GB (No RAID only)
Internal Dual SD Module6
|Drive bays||Up to 8 x 3.5” hot-pluggable bays (also supports 2.5” HDD in 3.5” hybrid drive carrier)|
|Power supplies||2x Hot-Plug-Redundant 495W PSUs or Single Cabled 350W PSU|
|Dimensions||Form factor: Tower server||Chassis height: 430.3mm (16.94 in)
Chassis width: 218mm (8.58 in)
Chassis depth: 603 mm (23.7 in)
Note: These metrics do not include PSU handle, bezel, or tower foot
Chassis weight: 26 kg (55.67 lb.)
|Bezel||Optional security bezel|
|OpenManage™ Software||OpenManage Enterprise
OpenManage Power Center
(requires OM Enterprise)
Microsoft® System Center
BMC Truesight (available from BMC)
Red Hat Ansible
Nagios Core & Nagios XI
Operations Manager i (OMi)
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
|Tools||iDRAC Service Module
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
OpenManage Server Administrator
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
|Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
Dell EMC RACADM CLI
|Security||TPM 1.2/2.0 optional
Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
System Lockdown (requires iDRAC Enterprise or Datacenter)
|I/O & Ports||Networking Options:
2 X 1GbE LOM
Front Ports: 1x USB 3.0, 1x iDRAC micro USB 2.0 management port
Rear Ports: 2x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, VGA, serial connector
Internal USB: 1x internal USB 3.0
|4 x PCIe Slots:
1×8 Gen3 (x16 connector) FH/HL
1×8 Gen3 (x8 connector) FH/HL
1×4 Gen3 (x8 connector) FH/HL
1×1 Gen3 (x1 connector) FH/HL
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
|SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
For specifications and interoperability details,
|From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.
For more information, visit Dell.com/OEM.
|Recommended support||Dell EMC ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell EMC ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell EMC representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell EMC Services vary by region. For more information, visit Dell.com/ServiceDescriptions.|